Monday, February 07, 2011

Box Office Best Bets?

The Today Show provides us a list of what movies are opening this weekend opposite Gnomeo and Juliet. Who do you think will get the top box office?

  • Gnomeo and Juliet. We've discussed this. A bit. :)
  • Just Go With It, an Adam Sandler / Jennifer Aniston romantic comedy. Somebody remind me the last time either of them had a hit?
  • The Eagle. Every time I see this trailer I swear I think it's Coriolanus, but it's not. I have no idea what it is, though. There's ghosts, what appear to be indians, and Roman centurions. I've just learned in this article that it's based on a book - I had no idea if it was supposed to be a comic graphic novel or what.
  • And last but not least .... Justin Bieber. In 3D. The less said about this, the better.
So, wait, did I say who would win at the box office? I think young Mr. Bieber may have my gnomes at a disadvantage.

[ Why do I care so much about this movie? ]

1 comment:

Harriet said...

The Eagle is based on the Rosemary Sutcliff children's book Eagle of the Ninth, written in the 1960s or 70s (I read it in 1977). It's about an ex-centurion (injured) in Britain, whose father was in the Ninth Legion, and he (the main character) goes north to find out what happened to them. Unfortunately based on a premise that archaeology has subsequently proven to be completely wrong, but I certainly enjoyed it a lot when I was about 12, and I am planning to see the movie.