Monday, April 23, 2012

My Visit With The Folger


And, here we go!  This is me, sitting outside the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C. and I'm pretty sure that's the first picture of me that's graced this blog.  What you were expecting?

You'll see I went with my Mercutio Drew First shirt.  This was the subject of much debate in the hotel room that morning, as I was torn between actually looking *nice*, or, well, looking like a Shakespeare Geek.  I figured that to wear such a shirt where I had the greatest possible opportunity for people to actually *get* it, was too good to pass up. I went with it.  This did not stop me from worrying about the decision for the rest of the afternoon, trying to decide whether I had time to get back to the hotel to the change, before finally there was no time left and the decision was made for me. ;)

I've got a bunch of pictures that I'm going through, so I'm going to try and spread the visit out of several posts so we can discuss the interesting bits separately.  I figure that this picture represented the kick off, the proof that I'd at last arrived.  


This posting marathon, in celebration of Shakespeare Day, is brought to you by nothing but my time, my resources, and my love for the subject. While we'll always be the original Shakespeare blog, it takes a significant amount of effort to make us the best in the digital universe.  If you've not yet seen how you can show your support, now's a great opportunity.  If you've already done so, thanks very much!



2 comments:

Emsworth said...

Duane, you look exactly as I pictured you!

Lorem Ipsum said...

The t-shirt was PERFECT. Not just "Shakespeare Geek" but "Shakespeare" and "Geek" separately as well.