Friday, September 23, 2011

Geeklet Shakespeare Mashup

Apparently my 9yr old had some sort of free time at art class the other day and was flipping through a stencil book.  She found (and recognized!) stencils for a scroll: (click for the larger image)

So she remembered the names of 8 Shakespeare plays off the top of her head?  Not too bad, Geeklet.  Of course, she then informed me that she "didn't do every single one, like Henry the First, Henry the Second..." Bonus points for working in "Globe Theatre" as well!

She also found a curtained theatre stage (which, truthfully, I'm not sure I would have recognized if I'd seen it in a book).  This is what she provided: (again, click for larger)


That is Hamlet, performing the famous "To be or not to be" soliloquoy....while holding Yorick's skull.  Apparently as part of the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet.

I love it.

1 comment:

JM said...

My last job was working with second graders for a presentation at the arts center at Rutgers U. We combined Macbeth, Julius Caesar, Henry V, Midsommer, and Hamlet. It worked.

Maybe she's working on "A Compleat Pictorial of the Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)". :) This is great stuff, Duane.