Thursday, September 02, 2010

Android Shakespeare Suggestions?

Hi Gang,
This question just came up on Twitter.  I’ve got an iPhone, not an Android-based phone, so I can’t say much about what’s available for those devices.
Anybody out there know what the Shakespeare situation is for Droid-style phones?  I would hope that somebody’s done a Complete Works browser, but even that I’m not so sure about.
Who can help us out here?

UPDATE APRIL 2, 2012 Funny how things change!  Now not only do I have an Android phone, but my first app "Insults for Shakespeare Geeks" is now available in the Google Play Store!

4 comments:

Stacie said...

There are actually several Shakespeare apps for the Droid and they're all pretty good. The Complete Works is "Shakespeare (Beta)" in the market and there's a really good sonnet app, both of which are free.

Other than that, most of them are odd quote apps and then there's the option to buy the plays individually for $0.99.

Mark said...

Here's my android Shakespeare suggestion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiEaaVZTQAU

... I couldn't resist.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RK said...

There is this awsome app called MicroShakespeare, he is animated and speaks his quotes, it also has trivia and this cool magic 8 ball function. I would definitely recommend it!