Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Thrice Fresh : Ariel

First it was Prospero, and now Ariel is getting the animated treatment.  I had to contact Ted Lange at Thrice Fresh to see what he's up to.  If he's doing The Tempest as a graphic novel, I want to get in line.

Here's the email I got back in response (I hope he doesn't mind me publishing it):

As far as the project I'm working on, it's a graphic novel that re-intreprets characters from classical mythology. Along the way a few characters from The Tempest got thrown into the mix. Prospero and his familiars are so cool that I had to incorporate them into my story.

It'd be great to get feedback from the Shakespeare folks that regularly hit up your blog. I'm a big fan of Shakespeare but I'm not an expert in any way. I just sort of pick out the elements that resonate with me and  run with them.

I'm looking forward to his Caliban.

 

No comments: