Thursday, October 01, 2009

Hamlet Recites Poker Face, by Lady Gaga

I don’t follow any of the late night talk shows.  I did notice, courtesy FeliciaDay on Twitter, that Jude Law, who is currently doing Hamlet on Broadway, was on Jimmy Fallon.  Normally that wouldn’t ping my radar at all, since rolling credits on people is common in such references.  I can’t tell you how many stories about Gwynneth Paltrow I’ve read just because she was in Shakespeare in Love.  Or Joseph Fiennes, now starring in the new series Flash Forward, for the same reason.

But the story cropped up a couple of times, and I got some more information.  Not only does Law engage in a Nerf duel with Jimmy Fallon, but he “reads dramatically” from Lady Gaga’s hit(?), Poker Face.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2009/09/jude_law_takes_a_break_from_sh.html

It’s a short clip, but if you’re interested in such things you might find it fun.  They don’t actually talk about anything in the 3 minutes of this clip, so I’m left wondering if this was like the closing portion of a longer segment or something.

No comments: