Thursday, March 19, 2009

SciFi Shakespeare

http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=story&id=17973

Ok, love this crossover.  I subscribe to Tor.com, one of the providers of free ebooks,specifically science fiction and fantasy.  So when the names Rosencrantz and Guildenstern popped up in the description, naturally I was curious!

From “master of alternative history” Harry Turtledove comes “We Haven’t Got There Yet”, the story of one Mr. William Shakespeare who becomes enraged that someone has taken some of his characters and put them in a new play.  He winds up at a performance of Tom Stoppard’s Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.

Sounds great to me.  It is a short story, a single (long) web page.  So it won’t take forever to read it.  I just thought I’d post about it first before somebody beat me to it :)!

UPDATE : Posted this, went to Twitter, found at least 6 people already forwarding the link.  Wow, this stuff moves fast.  When do these people clean the kitchen?

No comments: