Friday, May 23, 2008

Shakespeare Walks Into A Bar

Listen.  I love a good pun, and I love a good "walks into a bar" joke, and well, I have mixed feelings about Shakespeare ;). 

 

http://rivergirlie.wordpress.com/2008/05/23/shakespeare-walks-into-a-pub/

 

I only wish it was a better joke :).

 

A man is walking down the street when he rounds a corner and crashes straight into William Shakespeare, knocking them both to the ground.  "Can I get a beer?" the man asks.

"I beg your pardon?" asks Shakespeare.

"Terribly sorry," says the man, "It seems I've gone and walked into a bard by mistake."

5 comments:

Alan K.Farrar said...

Humour as weak as this would certainly get you 'bard' from a pub in England but in the 'US of A' maybe it is just an example of 'bard' humour?

qnqef !

Duane Morin said...

Humour as weak as this would certainly get you 'bard' from a pub in England

Yes, but should I 'scape whipping?

Craig said...

A priest, a rabbi and a minister walk into a bar, and the bartender says, "What is this, some kind of joke?" The best joke about Shakespeare is the one he's supposed to have told about William the Conqueror coming before Richard the Third.

Duane Morin said...

http://www.anecdotage.com/index.php?aid=1068

For those wondering about the Conqueror joke :).

Anonymous said...

yes, it is a terribly lame pun - tbh, that's all i've got!
(i'm going to try the metaphysicals soon - be warned)