Friday, June 03, 2011

Magic, The Gathering : Othello Edition

I love people who are creative enough to come up with stuff like these Magic cards in an Othello edition. I always have a million ideas for games, but lack the attention span to make a complete and consistent set of rules for them, as well as the resources to make the necessary materials. (I usually get stuck in that limbo of "I'll make a video game - no, a card game! No, a video game! No, a board game....")


Not this guy -- visit the link to check out his Othello card (he is a Hero/Villain card, depending on what other character cards are in play), or maybe his Desdemona (power 1 / defense 1, not a strong character...) And this is only one of a number of sets! Very impressive.


The question has come up before, but it's always fun to ask again - does anybody know any Shakespeare card games? Stuff like this - where players could use their knowledge of the subject as well as learning more about the subject during the game - is the best. Not just talking about some other game's rules where the cards have been decorated with Shakespeare images.



2 comments:

kj said...

Did someone call my name?

I like the "Shakespeare Author Cards" game I put together:

http://bardfilm.blogspot.com/2009/02/shakespeare-author-cards.html

You don't have to know the classifications to play the game, but it does help to know them. And you learn them as you play!

kj

previously.bitten said...

Hey - thanks for linking to my site. I created the cards as a game for my Grade 11 English students.