Thursday, June 09, 2011

Mad Libs Shakespeare

The inventor of Mad Libs, Leonard B. Stern, has died.


It seems only fair to mark his passing with a little Mad Libs Shakespeare. This is a quicky so it's not formatted well (and you basically have to DIY), don't read the second half until you're ready to fill in:


1 Verb


3 Noun


4 Noun


5 Verb


6 Plural noun


7 Plural noun


8 Adjective


9 Noun


10 Plural noun


11 Noun


12 Plural noun


13 Verb


14 Verb


15 Verb


17 Number


18 Adjective


19 Plural noun


20 Noun


21 Past-tense verb


(*) I realize that a few numbers are missing, I realized after doing this that words were repeated but didn't feel like renumbering all the slots :)


To __1__, or not to __1___: that is the __3___:

Whether 'tis nobler in the __4___ to __5___

The __6___ and __7___ of __8___ __9___,

Or to take _10____ against a __11___ of __12___,

And by opposing __13___ them? To __14___: to __15___;

No more; and by a __15___ to say we end

The heart-ache and the _17____ __18___ __19____

That flesh is heir to, 'tis a __20___

Devoutly to be _21____.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was probably the best Mad Lib game I've ever played. And I have played a lot of games of Mad Libs.

Duane Morin said...

Well, post your results! I'd love to hear the final product.

Anonymous said...

Duane, hey it's Greg from NC. I actually do this in Shakespeare class. I also did it with the first paragraph of A Tale of Two Cities, making my seniors talk about their lives and graduation. It works great!

Greg