Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Lullaby for Titania

I've mentioned in the past that I've been known to sing Shakespearean sonnets (and other speeches) to my kids - Sonnet 18, sonnet 29, the "what a piece of work is man" speech from Hamlet (from the HAIR soundtrack).  I can't really call them lullabies anymore because the kids are too old for that, though sometimes my two youngest do still ask for them.

Well, Bardfilm's gone and done me one better by actually finding some music and seeing a portion of Midsummer to it!  It's the "Come not near our fairy queen" song, and he's got it set to the tune of "Holy Bible, Book Divine".  When I mentioned that I can't read music all that well and requested audio, not only did he make his own, but a reader chimed in with his own version, in harmony no less.

Excellent work all around.  I'll be humming this one this evening.

P.S. This post has nothing to do with the fact that he linked me first. :)

No comments: