Monday, April 26, 2010

Britain's Got ... Talent?

My kids love the American version of this show.  I can only hope that we get our own version of this one particular act, though I don't expect I'd let my kids watch it:
54 year-old actor Jonathan Hartman, an American, claimed his dream
was "to make Shakespeare accessible to everybody."
His real dream seemed to spank Rebecca, a buxom young English girl
with a well-proportioned backside, who was only too happy to oblige him.


I have to report, for my fellow Geeks, that the article does *not* say which play he recited, because I'm sure that you're dying to know.  I was.  I'm thinking it just had to be Taming of the Shrew.
"I rather enjoyed that !" TV's Piers Morgan told Hartman voting him through. "But then I like Shakespeare."
Amen to that, brother.

2 comments:

YLS said...

It was the chorus from Henry V
O for a muse of fire...
The video is on you-tube at this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7LQ2ZGfFCU

they get through to the next round?!?

The Brits love a good spanking act.

rather more Victorian than Elizabethan.

JM said...

I'm still scratching my head over. among other things, his choice for the next "performance"--The Merchant of Venice???
I guess something will "droppeth upon the 'place beneath'" in any event,