Thursday, August 27, 2009

Flings & Eros : Karamazov Does Romeo and Juliet!

http://www.merrimackrep.org/home/default.aspx

Ok, Google is awesome.  I’m checking some GMail and I see a reference to “Merrimack Rep” pass by in one of the ads.

I happen to live near Merrimack College, so I think that it is a local reference.

I google “Merrimack Rep”.

Turns out that it’s a theatre in Lowell, MA.

Guess who is playing?  The Karamazov Brothers, one of the best juggling/vaudeville acts going today.

Guess what they’re performing?  Something called Flings & Eros.

Guess what it’s about?  Romeo and Juliet!

 

Looks exciting.  Best part is I think that a friend of mine has season tickets.  If that’s the case it’d be a golden opportunity to see this one, without trying to explain to the wife how I’m dragging her to yet more Shakespeare :).

2 comments:

Leo said...

Years ago I saw a video of the Karamazov brothers performing "The Comedy of Errors" It was amazing; and I will never forget it.I hope they record R&J.

Anonymous said...

I found a couple videos on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTY8AKUbraA&feature=channel_page