Thursday, August 13, 2009

Classic Novels as Video Games

http://games.ign.com/articles/101/1013349p1.html

When I see headlines like this I immediately scan for Shakespeare (I know he didn’t write novels but typical web writers don’t make such clean distinctions…)  Alas, no Bard in this list.

But it does beg the question, what Shakespeare makes for good video games, and what sort of game would it make?  I’ve seen a number of variations on Romeo and Juliet as a game, ranging from text adventure to platform/jumper.  But what else?  Could Macbeth make a good first person shooter? 

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Nice link unfortunately I don't think the gaming community would buy into a Shakespeare game. As great as his works are, most people today wouldn't find it interesting in my opinion, nor do I think they are gamer friendly not enough "action" for most.

But we can hope.