Thursday, March 15, 2007

Romeo's Last Words

Looking for the answer to a crossword puzzle clue? Look no further. 

Originally I posted this content in relation to the finale of the musical HAIR, where it's sung as background harmony. But it became a huge hit for me once Google spotted it, because "Romeo's last words" comes up as a crossword puzzle clue quite frequently.  Without further ado, Romeo's last words:

Eyes, look your last!
Arms, take your last embrace!  and, lips, O you
The doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss
A dateless bargain to engrossing death!
Come, bitter conduct, come, unsavoury guide!
Thou desperate pilot, now at once run on
The dashing rocks thy sea-sick weary bark!
Here's to my love!  (drinks)
O true apothecary!
They drugs are quick.  Thus with a kiss I die. 
 
If you're here for the crossword puzzle clue, it's "I die".

See Also

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's when "Romeo's last words" is a clue in the nytimes crossword. Like today.

The answer is, I die.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

thank you so much i have always wondered what his last words were...........