Wednesday, October 19, 2005

NPR : 'A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare'

I can't listen to this NPR piece on 'A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare' because I only do MP3, not streaming formats like RealAudio. So somebody tell me if it's good.

Talk of the Nation, October 18, 2005 · Professor and author James Shapiro talks about A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare: 1599. The book provides a look into the daily life of the playwright during a time of personal upheaval and prodigious creativity. During this period, Shakespeare produced Henry V, Julius Caesar, As You Like It and Hamlet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was very good, certainly worth downloading RealPlayer to hear it.

Duane Morin said...

It's not an issue of just downloading the player. I run a Linux machine, not Windows or Mac. RealPlayer on Linux is pretty horrible. Besides, my only real listening time is via the iPod when commuting back and forth to work.

Glad it was good, though.