Thursday, April 23, 2015

The War is Coming. Oh, and I am Psychic.

Back in November, 2011 I reviewed a graphic novel called Romeo and Juliet : The War. I remember that I quite liked it.  It's overly violent, and there's a weirdly gratuitous nude scene that may have been inserted to appease the teenage boy demographic but completely ruled out the chance of me showing it to my kids, but overall I was happy with the effort. It looked very nice, and stayed consistent with the world they'd built.

I even said:

You know what? I said that it looks like a movie. I think that if somebody tried to tell this version of the story as a movie, it could be pretty awesome.
Well, look what I found?  Romeo and Juliet : The War is coming in 2017. It's one of those "only accessible with IMDB Pro" deals so I can't get all the scoop, maybe one of the readers out there can see it?  We definitely know it's the same source material, though, because in the "People who liked this also liked..." section I can see a Stan Lee movie :).

I'll keep watching for more news about this one!


No comments: