Monday, February 09, 2015

I did it all for the Shakespeare cookie

I don't think I ever blogged about this Shakespeare cookie cutter before Christmas, but I definitely put it on my Facebook page.  Well, my mom knew exactly what she getting me this year!

Here's the cutter itself, both sides:





It makes a very detailed cut.

To give you an idea how big it is, I was getting about 5 cookies per baking sheet. The white stuff is actually powdered sugar that I'd used to coat the rolling pin (a trick I found on Alton Brown's recipe).



Finished product! Stuck in a snowstorm like we are there's no real frosting supplies in the house, but that didn't stop the kids from devouring him as is. I had to rescue this one just to get a picture!

One of the most amusing parts of the experience (to me), was debating which portrait the cookie is based on. My wife swore that it looks just like "the one that everybody knows" (which would be the Droeshout, from the First Folio), but I contended that no, the mustache gives this one away as the Flowers portrait.  They had no idea what I was talking about so I had a great time bringing up different portrait images and watching them hold a cookie up to my phone and compare mustaches.







1 comment:

catkins said...

Do you serve it with milk or with malmsy?