Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Shakespeare's Most Shareable Quotes

I hope you're all enjoying ShakeShare, our mobile app that combines a database of Shakespeare quotes with all the original material from here on the blog (think #hashtag games and @Bardfilm's famous lists), rendering them on top of a wide variety of background images (or your own photos!), suitable for sharing with your friends.  The mission here has always been, "Proving that Shakespeare makes life better," and the app is just one more tool for making that happen.  Make an image that makes you happy, and share it with somebody.


I've recently compiled my statistics about how people have been using the app, and I'm happy to present the top 5 most shared quotes of all.  Just please, nobody tell bardfilm that none of his jokes made the list, he'll be devastated. ;)

#5) "To you I give myself, for I am yours."  How romantic! This one plays a big role in my book as well.
#4) "Strong reasons make strong actions." I'm aware that I've put a King John quote on an image of Lady Macbeth, but I think it still works. They certainly thought their strong reasons justified their strong actions!

#3) "Fight till the last gasp." People sure seem to like their motivational Shakespeare!
#2) "Be great in act, as you have been in thought." Funny that two of the most shareable quotes come from a play most people have never seen. 

And the most shareable Shakespeare quote is...

#1) "How far that little candle throws its beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world." Ok, tell the truth, how many people think "Willy Wonka" when they hear this quote?

Like any of these images? Even if you don't have or can't get the app, you can still share Shakespeare. See those little buttons right below this post (buttons only appear on post, not on blog homepage)? Go ahead and share it on Pinterest or Facebook or whichever social network you love most.  Thanks!

No comments: