Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Jokes At My House

Those of you with young children will know this, but the little ones love a good joke.  They just don’t fully get how a joke works.  So they’ll often take the structure of something else they heard, swap in a few different words, and expect it to be equally funny.

“What did the cow say to the Martin Luther King guy?” was one such joke my 5year old started, but she couldn’t think of a punchline so she changed it and we got this instead:

“What did Queen Titania say to King Oberon?”

”Umm….I know a lot of things Titania said to Oberon, sweetie, but they’re probably not in your joke.  So I don’t know,what did Titania say to Oberon?”

“Will you marry me?”

“I suppose after she started speaking to him again, maybe.”

:)

1 comment:

Edna Pests said...

"“Will you marry me?”

“I suppose after she started speaking to him again, maybe.”"
Wait, weren't they already married before Midsummer?